The Truth About Skin Peels : My Dermamelan Treatment, Part II

IMG_7982.JPG

After the overwhelming response about my skin peels and my The Truth About Skin Peels : My Dermamelan Treatment, Part I post, I could not wait to share part II with you all. Thank you for your lovely comments and support – it truly does mean so much.

Day 4: Entire Face Peel

This is when the action REALLY started! There was plenty of stinging and my skin was so tender. The peeling skin was so dry and the fresh skin was so soft. I had to be super careful that I didn’t accidentally peel any of the flaking skin off, in order to prevent the fresh skin from being damaged and scarred. I was moisturising four times a day and having warm showers to soak my face, and gently rubbing the peeling skin off. This was the best way for me to remove all the dead and dry skin without any damage or irritation. You can see also that it is peeling all down my neck, severely around my mouth and it was very flakey on the sides of my chin. The peel would constantly take effect and be dry, but the skin on the surface would be oily just before it cracked apart.

IMG_8052.JPG IMG_8055.JPG IMG_8058.JPG IMG_8068.JPG

The redness and swelling is diminishing slowly, as are the red scars and irritated spots on my face. This and the next four or five days would have to be one of the most painful of the treatment. The intensity of the peel and the freshness of the new skin was hard to bear, and was incredibly painful.

Day 5: More Peeling (Morning)
The redness was slowly disappearing and I was no where near as swollen. In the morning after a little wash off, I was able to feel confident going outside with a little redness, but by lunch time or mid afternoon, there would be another layer of skin ready to peel. It was beginning to become frustrating, tiresome and painful, but I was already seeing results, so it was hard to complain too much. You can see in the pictures the change in pigmentation of the skin colour and the intensity of which the peel is coming off. Note the freckles I had in various places (on my top lip, nose and cheeks) are now starting to fade, as well as the scarring around the forehead and chin. Overall, I was sore and in pain (the moisturiser was stinging!) but the swelling was going and the results were coming. It was all happening!

IMG_8090.JPGIMG_8092.JPG IMG_8067.JPGIMG_8098.JPG

Day 5: More Peeling (Evening)

By the same evening on Day 5, I was REALLY starting to peel. These were the ones that really hurt, as previously, there were lots of thinner, smaller almost stringy pieces of skin peeling off, where as now, it was thicker and somewhat like that last little piece of scab that won’t come off when 95% of the rest of the scab has… Almost like a scaly snake skin. This was a real problem, because the whole point of this exercise is to REDUCE scarring, not create it! So I had to ensure the skin was nice and soft before I slowly wiped any of it away. This was done in warm water (and stung like hell) and the new skin that came through was so beautiful and soft! You have a great shot of the freckles here on the top lip, as well as the pimple near my bottom lip. My forehead seemed to peel the least, as it is the toughest skin on the face.

IMG_8105.JPG IMG_8109.JPGIMG_8112.JPGIMG_8111.JPG

Day 6: Snake Skin

This was the beginning of a very torturous existence of peace, love and war. We had been going for almost a week, me and my skin, and the peeling seemed to be getting worse, not better. It wasn’t a bad thing, because the results were proving themselves already and it was a huge boost of morale every morning to wake up, wash my face and see what results I was getting, but I was over the pain and the peeling, as I couldn’t go anywhere and do anything fun. Wah! Although the rest of my face was recovering nicely and was peeling softly again without so much aggression, my chin and around my lips couldn’t get enough. Peeling to my chin, was like a drug it couldn’t live without! It became very dry and painful, difficult to wet-rub off and was cracking from the sides of my lips (this was later easily fixed with some lanolin and time). Ye-ouch. On the plus side, my skin was AMAZING! Less than a week and seeing MAJOR results. I mean, this is why you do it, right? To get the results?? And regardless of how flakey I was, I couldn’t deny my joy with the results. See for yourself. Note chin, cheek and forehead pimples and pores around my nose and congestion on my chin!

IMG_8145.JPG IMG_8147.JPG IMG_8154.JPG IMG_8156.JPG IMG_8160.JPGDay 7: The Day After Make Up

So let me explain… I had to be at an event the night before, and when I got home, I removed my make up in the shower (I have a cleanser / makeup remover, not a make up wipe) and moisturised and hopped into bed. I woke up the next morning and found my skin like this:

IMG_8180.JPG

Kinda grosse.

Although it looks horrendous and yellow coloured, I think we need to acknowledge how dry the skin must be, to take in that much make up, in such a short time. The skin was so dry, the make up remover was completely ineffective to take the make up off the dead and dry skin. Plus, the flakes were still thick and scab-like, so picking them off would create more scarring and pain. I just kept applying the moisturiser and checking I wasn’t too flakey in the mirror quite frequently, and hoping that people wouldn’t notice! I wore big hats and sunglasses and lots of blush. It was fun!

IMG_8179.JPG IMG_8180.JPG IMG_8183.JPG IMG_8182.JPGThe Aftermath

After all the peeling was said and done, I had such a great and noticeable difference! My friends asked me what I had done, people noticed on my social media and I had so much more confidence to go without make up. It was absolutely a life changing experience and worth every single penny.
Look at the difference a few days can make:
IMG_8181.JPGNo forehead scars, no pimples, a little bit of redness around the mouth and thats it. And this was only after 10 days when the peeling had finished its cycle. My experience was intense, painful at times, but very, very rewarding.

This is me with a dash of make up on, 14 days after I started the treatment. My skin is smooth, bump free, scar and freckle free and delicious. I am one very happy woman!
IMG_8216.JPG
If you are looking for a solution for your skin like I was, to help clear scars, pimples, pores and blackheads, be sure to contact Derya Koch, from Victorian Dermal Group. She is an absolute gem and takes so much time with her patients and their needs. VDG also does skin care, laser treatments, leg vein removal, hair removal, anti-wrinkle injections, vascular laser therapy and much more.

You can find Victorian Dermal Group on Facebook and Instagram.

For aftercare, I highly recommend these four treatments. This will increase the likelihood of your skin continuing its journey to clean and healthy skin.

Like it? Share it!Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest

10 Comments

1. Dilushani wrote:

Hi Becky, I have so much hyperpigmentation from acne but I’m still getting a few breakouts including large pus filled/cystic acne. I’ve been on LED plus good skincare plus Chinese medicine herbs but not enough to stop the breakouts. I desperately want to get started on the dermamelan but wondering if you have to have all the acne under control first.

How has your skin been in the 2 years since your dermamelan? What I’m most worried about is the peel helping heaps with all of my pigmentation but then because the acne isn’t cured, I will just get more down the line and it will all be for nothing. (My skin hyperpigments as soon as a pimple forms basically).

Thanks!

Posted 8.30.17
  2. Emma wrote:

Hey lovely !
    Currently on day 4 of peeling and struggling with the dryness,
    Any suggestions on a moisturizer you use would be amazing.
    X

Posted 12.23.17
  3. Becky Lamb wrote:

Hi Emma,
    The dryness is a true effect of the peel – keep pushing through! It does get better. I wouldn’t use a moisturiser other than the one you have been provided. You can use this facial spray by Mario Badescu for some relief, but the dryness will certainly be there for a while!

Posted 1.22.18
  4. Becky Lamb wrote:

Hi Dilushani, My skin has been through a lot in the last two years! Pregnancy has really knock my hormones around quite a bit and has bought a lot of my pimples to the surface again. I highly recommend getting your active acne under controll before you start a dermamelan treatment, as this peel only resurfaces the damaged skin and wont prevent more from happening. It is great for pigmentation and scarring but wont prevent further acne from occurring. Good luck, and keep me posted.

Posted 1.22.18
  5. hannah wrote:

I have that im 14 years old but i do not want to peel my skin im scared what if i leave it alown will it peel all by its self and i do not want to go to school tomorrow i look really ugly

Posted 10.17.18
  6. Sylwia wrote:

Hi Becky, thanks for sharing your story . I am just about to have my treatment , but I keep postponing as I’m a little bit scared! Anyway My question is what products have you used in the 1st days? Just water? Any moisturisers? Anything you recommend? Anything to avoid? When did you start using the Dermamelan after treatment peel cream? Are you still using it? How often? Many thanks.

Posted 10.23.18
  7. Becky Lamb wrote:

Hi Sylwia, have you seen my product lists? These are the treatments I have used. Let me know how you went!

Posted 4.11.19
  8. Becky Lamb wrote:

I would take to your derm professional who did your treatment. The peel is meant to peel for up to two weeks, so this is normal.

Posted 4.11.19
  9. Sophia wrote:

Can you use that treatment peel for your neck and armpits? Since my pregnancy the pigmentation on my neck and armpits got darker. Thanks.

Posted 5.12.19
  10. Becky Lamb wrote:

Hi Sophia,
    I would speak to your treatment clinician. It really depends on the type of pigmentation and your skin type too.

Posted 5.16.19

Instagram

• Go Daddy, GO!!!! @fabiancoulthard @tonydalberto @shellvpowerracingteam
#VASC #BATHURST1000 #Fabpack
  • It’s the only way I can get her to love me. #Food @becky_lamb_equestrian (my horse account - make the blue button green!) 💙⏩💚🐴
HAPPY BATHURST DAY!
Oh @fabiancoulthard & @tonydalberto I hope your pony is more obedient than mine today! 😂
Stay safe and go super-super fast. We can’t wait for you to make us even more proud 🥰
Comment below and let the boys know you’re cheering for them!!! ❤️
#VASC #BeckyLamb #Fabpack #CoulthardAndCo
  • Spring has sprung at Brickworks Centre, so let's take a look at some this seasons hottest trends from Freedom and Dwell. If you haven’t been down to The Standard Market Company, you would have missed their outstanding range to please every tastebud around, and while you are there, pop on over to Retreat Wellness and take some time out for yourself. Take a look at my stories for some more behind the scenes action. We had so much fun on this campaign!
Hair by Hair Art
Make Up by RY Brickworks
#BrickworksCentre #GoldCoastShopping
  • Why do @Dyson products make me this happy? Once you know.. you know! Just like a good coffee- it looks so good, peps me up and works every time! Stylish yet functional, lightweight and powerful. My V11 is the ultimate. Take a look at my stories for how great she really is! So easy to use, light in the hand, battery management and simple to empty. It doesn’t get any better. Also conveniently timed for Mackenzie to run from watering the garden, through the dirt and grass for a wet cuddle with Mummy.. zoom in on those feet..! 🤦🏼‍♀️ #WorkingWithDyson #V11Aus
  • Girl gang 💫 #YTG
  • If you haven’t been watching my YouTube channel, you might know what’s been happening in my life (I’ll forgive you, you’re a busy bee too!), but we have endured many highs and lows these last few months and it has been challenging to say the least. #LinkInBio
Usually, Monday’s and Thursday’s are my work days. Where I just get it all DONE. Since we haven’t had kindy, it’s been busy busy busy here, juggling time together and time for the kids, health appointments, hospital stays and work to get done.
I have to say thank you to you though, for your patience and kindness through everything in front of and behind the scenes. It’s been crazy but we truly have appreciated your patience through this.
Our minds are open to what ever is coming and our hearts are full. And it’s all thanks to you. 🙏🏼 #CoulthardAndCo
  • To everyone that says: ‘I can’t curl with heat tongs’ ‘My hair doesn’t hold a curl’ ‘Blow dries don’t work for me’ Say hello to your new best friend. The @Dyson Airwrap is here to answer your hair prayers! Coming from a girl who CAN curl with heat tongs, who’s hair doesn’t hold a curl and blow dries never looked any good a few hours later.. this genuinely works and I am in love! Three days, a few hot showers, some exercise, two pony tails and a messy bun later, this hair still has curls. Ladies, you’re welcome. #WorkingWithDyson #DysonAirwrap
  • Hello, friend. How are you? Is it obvious I have a camera that I take photos on that isn’t my phone? It’s to save you from seeing four thousand selfies from me and enables me to take a photo without actually pressing the button on the camera.. if you ever see me holding my phone in a shot, that’s probably what I’m up to 😜 scroll down my feed and you’ll probably see a few..! Insta-husbands are great, but this is how I manage when I’m solo!
  • My @Dyson V11 does many things.. although I am yet to see her make my bed (give it time..!). Forgiving her all for all her sins, she makes up for them in so many other ways. Have you seen this girl run? She is almighty! She helps me function with a clean house AND makes me look stylish. The new torque cleaner head intelligently adapts to deep clean carpets and extends run time on hard floors. AND I get a real time countdown of the remaining battery time so I can ensure I have all my job's done. Just in time for spring cleaning. I am so in love with her! #WorkingwithDyson #DysonauV11

#CoulthardAndCo

never miss a post

join us and receive your password for protected content.